I'M BACK

Salutations, zero followers. I have an apology to make. I deleted my blog, and I'm sorry, but now I'm un-deleting it so I hope you guys aren't too angry with me. The truth is, my blog started getting viewed by people I know and being my pathetic self, I got scared. I promise I won't delete my blog again, even if I am petrified of people I know reading it. In other news, I have made a few changes to the design and also how I run it, but more on that later. Thank you for understanding.

-lorri300

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Why I read all day...

This is a short scenario-based explanation to why I read all day...

Today...


Scenario 1:

I go somewhere with a friend, we have fun. I am happy for the rest of the day. My parents are happy that I am not antisocial.

Scenario 2:

I read a book, the book is amazing. While reading the book I don't want to do anything else. When the book ends, I am hungry and finish my dinner.

Scenario 3:

I talk to a friend on the phone, we talk and laugh. OR. I text a friend, we make jokes and "lol". I feel happy for the rest of the day. 

A year later...


Scenario 1:

I go to the same place with the same friend, it rains and we have to leave early. I feel bored for the rest of the day and end up reading a book (scenario 2) or surfing the internet to kill time.

Scenario 2:

I read the same book, the book is still amazing. While reading the book I don't want to do anything else. When the book ends, I am hungry and finish my dinner.

Scenario 3:

I call a friend on the phone or send them a text, they are busy. I feel bored for the rest of the day and end up reading a book (scenario 2) or surfing the internet to kill time.

So, this should answer the question of why I read instead of do more active or social things with my time. Books always stay the same no matter how much time has past, everything else in life will always change. Besides, who needs real human interaction when you have fictional characters to keep you company? 
-lorri300

4 comments:

  1. *sigh...
    It's so much easier to fall in love with a fictional character... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding...... they are virtually perfect in every way

      Delete